Tailgate with a Purpose!
Before the Spring Game, Tailgate with a Purpose!
What makes this tailgate so awesome?
1. All proceeds go to CASA for Lancaster County, an amazing 501 c(3) nonprofit doing tremendous work right here in Lincoln advocating for kids that are in the court system due to abuse or neglect.
2. Each ticket purchase enters you into a drawing for 2 tickets to the sold out Spring Game! Additional entries will be available for purchase at the tailgate.
3. The cost of your ticket includes all the food and drink you can handle! Please drink (semi)responsibly.
4. Prime location! 151 N. 8th Street in downtown Lincoln, just a fullback trap away from the stadium. Prime viewing spot for all the Haymarket happenings!
5. Do something that few people in the world have the opportunity to do - get your picture taken with not 1, not 2, but 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS WHILE THEY ARE ON YOUR FINGERS!!!!!!
6. Your ticket to the party of the year is tax-deductible!
7. Limited space = limited tickets. Get yours before they are sold out!!
Currently, there are over 4,000 children in Lancaster County who are in the foster care system because of abuse or neglect. They're attending court hearings, adjusting to new foster homes and transitioning to new schools. That's a heavy burden for a child to carry alone. These children often go hungry, lack basic medical care and are sometimes left alone to fend for themselves. Many children suffer physical or sexual abuse at the hands of the very person who is supposed to be their protector. Add to that the uncertainty and chaos of the child welfare system and the situation can quickly become devastating for so many children right here in Lancaster County. Thankfully, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) volunteers make sure a child's voice is heard and their best interests are protected in Juvenile Court. We are part of a nationwide network of 87,000 trained volunteers who serve more than 280,000 children across the country who have experienced abuse or neglect. In Lincoln and Lancaster County, we have 127 trained volunteers showing Lincoln's most vulnerable children that they are special and there is hope for a brighter future.